Maintaining a good looking and lively aquarium is a dream that a lot of people cherish but to achieve it requires proper knowledge of the tank, its features, its advantages and disadvantages that comes with it. The best way to begin is to know what kind of fish you would like to grow and the kind of maintenance that is required for them to live peacefully. Once you arrive at this decision, you will need to pick a tank that suit the needs. Based on my experience, I find the Tetra 20 gallon aquarium kit to be a good product to grow most type of fish.
Read more to find how Tetra makes a good choice for an aquarium, either at home or office.
- Product Dimensions: 24.2 x 12.4 x 16.7 inches.
- Inclusions: glass aquarium tank, 1 LED hood, 1 Tetra mini UL Heater, 1 Tetra Whisper 20 filter, 1 artificial Boxwood plant mat, 4 artificial plants.
- Durability: Scratch-resistant glass for high durability.
Tetra aquarium kit Features and Its advantages
- Aquarium tank kit with LED hood – It creates a natural daytime effect in the aquarium.
- Whisper filters – It provides powerful water flow while maintaining a quiet environment around.
- Tetra glass – It makes this a scratch-resistant and highly durable.
- In-built water heater – It helps maintain the temperature.
- In-built artificial plants – It creates a natural ocean-like feel.
I have been growing GloFish for over two years now. Four months back, I happened to check out a Coralife Biocube 29 gallon tank at my friend’s place and I was totally infatuated with the sleek black hood design and the scratch resistant glass. But I did not have as much space as he did. So I went for Tetra’s 20 gallon aquarium tank. The kit was delivered in a very-well packed manner and I must not forget to mention that it arrived on time too. It’s glass looked sturdy and there was Styrofoam packing around the edges alone. The rest of the wrapping did not look as shock-absorbent as I had hoped. Nevertheless, the kit reached home intact.
I have listed out what all came with the kit here.
- A glass tank and LED light bar which is part of the glass canopy for the model.
- Bio filters, water heater and a paper like thermometer to maintain temperature. This is especially important for the tropical fish.
- A fish net and some product samples, for example, tropical fish food like TetraMin® flakes.
- Water conditioner from AquaSafe®.
- Plastic plants, one of a solid large green size and others in red and green.
This was my first ready to fit aquarium. Earlier I just had a sturdy glass tank. Though the user guide explains step by step about the setup, it was quite a task. After I assembled most of the pieces as per the user guide, I found that closing the hood made a rattling sound. But when I carefully took time to sit and fit everything, it did work. Now, the filter was quiet and only a soothing noise was heard.
Plants that come with the package were not of the same color as I had expected them to be. Nevertheless, the LED lighting that comes along actually creates a light effect that does not show the original plant colors anyway. Also, the plant mat creates a look of an ocean floor and my fish glide through those plants merrily. All in all, I was and am being appreciated for having bought this wonderful product and I cherish this everyday whenever I look at my Glofish living peacefully inside this tank.
To all those hurrying shoppers out there, let me tell you the pros and cons of the product below so that it might give you an idea about this product in a nutshell.
- Value for money product.
- Easy to assemble kit that comes with a manual and user guide.
- LED hood and low profile exterior suits your home decor.
- LED lighting creates an ocean-like feel in the aquarium
- The paper like thermometer helps in maintaining temperature for the tropical fish.
- Excellent customer service for your doubts and needs.
- Life time warranty for the parts.
- Inbuilt water heater for temperature maintenance.
- The sealant that fixes all the parts in place tends to wear out owing to water quality, though a conditioner is in place.