When it comes to aquariums, Fluval is one of the better known brands. And if one is looking for a tank that is both functional and stylish, you really cannot go wrong with this 12-gallon Fluval Edge Aquarium that comes with LED lights.
- Product Dimension: 22.2 x 17 x 14.3 inches.
- Weight: 34.5 pounds (shipping weight: 42 pounds).
Fluval Edge Aquarium with LED Light Features
- Size: 12 gallon, 6 sided sealed glass aquarium.
- Powerful, easy to use Edge filter with Cycleguard.
- Comes with Nutrafin Cycle and Nutrafin Aquaplus water treatments.
- Lighting, filtration and wiring are easily hidden away through the decorative column.
- Powerful and bright white 7600K high luminosity LEDs with 3 deep blue night time light LEDs and 3 position switches.
The 12-gallon Fluval Edge Aquarium with LED lights is pretty. At least that’s what first came to mind the first time I saw it. The product description says it was “inspired by architectural styling” and one can easily see where the inspiration translated to the actual thing. It does offer a nice and unique look. The clear glass all-around doesn’t have the usual sides and linings many bigger aquariums do. Looking at this tank is almost like having a piece of the ocean in a little (rectangular) bubble. It’s fairly easy to set up, too.
It’s amazing then that even with the whole look being entirely of glass, wirings and other tank essentials are hidden from view. There’s an equipment casing that takes care of all that so you can place the tank anywhere and maintain an all-around and unobstructed view. The fact that it’s compact also means you can pretty much put it anywhere, even if your space is a bit limited.
The filtration system it comes with is adequate, with mechanical, chemical and biological filters to keep the water clean and healthy. The removable cover helps in dissipating the lamp heat while avoiding moisture. You’d love that it operates quietly.
Older models of the Fluval Edge had some lighting issues. It’s nice to see that it has been fixed in this new model. The lighting here nicely expands from one tank edge to the other. So the light is spread throughout the aquarium and not just focused in the center. This is actually beneficial if you’re also going to keep plants in there. The fact that the lights don’t get too warm at all is another plus. You get blue night light which is something very relaxing to look at.
The only thing I didn’t really like about this tank is the small opening. You can reach in and move your hands inside without any trouble, though. However, every time I had to clean it up, I had to remove some of the water or it will spill over. Plus putting additional ornaments and designs in will make the whole thing look very cramped. But I guess that’s to be expected in a tank this size.
This 12-gallon tank with 42 LED bulbs also comes in a 6-gallon, 21-bulb variant and is available in 3 colors: black, white and silver.
- Stylish and visually stunning.
- Wirings are conveniently hidden.
- Lights do not heat up too much.
- Removable cover.
- Small opening.
- Clean up may be a bit troublesome.
- Adding décor is a challenge.