Last year, I finally caved in and got an aquarium. The family has been talking awhile about getting a pet. My wife and eldest son are both allergic to dogs and we aren’t really cat lovers. But we all wanted a pet of sorts to complete the family. After much discussion, we settled on fish.
Setting up an aquarium isn’t exactly cheap, however, so I dallied a bit. But soon enough it was time to make a decision and we found ourselves looking for aquariums for sale. We wanted one that’s not so big but not too small. And I personally wanted a unique fish tank, one that looks good and is functional, too.
What we finally purchased was the Hagen Fluval Accent Glass Aquarium. It’s a 25 gallon aquarium and it came with an espresso stand and 1-year renewal kits.
- Aquarium: 30 x 18 x 12.5 inches.
- Stand: 31.5 x 31 x 14 3/8 inches.
- 25 gallon aquarium with espresso colored trim and stand.
- One-year supply of Fluval Biological Enhancer, Fluval Water Conditioner and Fluval Fresh and Clear Filter Cartridge.
- Custom-designed cut-out back panel of stand allows easy connection of Fluvial Accent’s Simpletec system.
- With energy-efficient LED lighting system.
- With convenient water collection bucket.
- Custom-designed cutout back panel.
- Espresso color.
- Ample storage space.
- Two shelves.
- Holds most 29 gallon tanks.
- Easy to assemble.
Package comes with:
- 25 gallon glass aquarium with espresso trim.
- Simpletec Maintenance System.
- LED Lighting System.
- Integrated Filter.
- Filter Cartridge.
- Biological Filter Media.
- Compact, submersible heater.
- Fluval Biological Enhancer.
- Fluval Water Conditioner.
- Waste Collection Basket.
- Aquarium cabinet with Integrated Water Change System.
Let me just get this out of the way. I wanted a unique aquarium. This Hagen Fluval Accent Glass Aquarium isn’t unique in every sense of the word. If anything, it looks like your regular rectangle kind. However, I loved that it came with almost everything we needed to start our aquarium – tank, lights, heater and filter.
It also came with a year’s supply of renewal kits. These already significantly lessened our startup cost. Add to that the fact that it came with a nice, sturdy, classic-looking stand and we’re sold.
Overall, we’re happy that this kit isn’t very difficult to install. The maintenance isn’t very time-consuming, either. The Simpletec filter system really took away the tedium of cleaning and changing the water. The whole process just takes me around a quarter of an hour to do. It’s not difficult for the kids to do, either and that’s always a plus. I mean, they wanted the pet. They should share some of the responsibilities of caring for it, right?
Pushing the lever easily drains a couple of buckets of water from the aquarium. And then it’s a simple matter of refilling it with another two buckets full. We only replace filter cartridges once a month and add the water treatments, water conditioner and biological enhancers. That’s it.
The aquarium itself looks classy, like I said. The LED lights look nice whether in daylight or at night time. The stand looks gorgeous in our den. It fit quite nicely with our other furniture. Of course, it didn’t hurt that it provided ample support for the aquarium. The cabinet has two swing doors furnished with chrome handles. The storage space is adequate.
- Fast, simple, easy maintenance.
- Easy to assemble.
- Conveniently comes with stand.
- Lessens start up costs because of the included kits.
- Not really very unique looking.
|Note: If you don’t want to buy the complete set (includes one 25 gallon aquarium, one stand and one 1-year renewal kits), you can buy them separately on Amazon. We’ve listed the lastest price on each of them them below:|