For the Penn Flax SpongeBob Aquarium, there’s actually a number of available designs. So if you’re looking for an aquarium for sale and a SpongeBob design is your main criteria, you’re in luck. We’ll be looking at three of the more popular designs right here.
Penn Flax SpongeBob Aquarium Kit
- Serves as a perfect beginner aquarium kit.
- Includes SpongeBob and Patrick ornament.
- Comes with plastic plants and full color background.
- Holds up to 4 gallons of water.
- Ideal for bettas and small fish.
If you’re looking for a unique fish tank, then this certainly fits the bill. Each package comes with the tank (ideal for bettas), background, stickers and ornaments of both SpongeBob and Patrick Star. There’s really not much to say about it other than it’s a good aquarium for beginners. The size is best for bettas or other small fishes. The material and quality is what you’d expect from a Penn Flax product. And there are so many other accessories you can buy if you intend to keep it for a longer time. Kids will love it.
Penn Flax SpongeBob Paradise Cove Tank and Aquarium Kit
- Made of high-quality material.
- 4-gallon capacity with hinged cover.
- Includes SpongeBob and treasure chest ornaments.
- Comes with fun stickers and background.
- Ideal for bettas and small fish.
This one is sort of like the younger brother of the first kit. It’s still a perfect beginner aquarium, or a unique fish tank for kids. But unlike the first Penn Flax SpongeBob Aquarium Kit, it comes with more toned-down, or maybe it’s better to call it “cheaper”, designs.
But this model comes with a filter. The first one doesn’t have that. You’ll especially be thankful when you don’t have to clean the tank as often compared to one without a filter.
Penn Flax SpongeBob Large Betta Tank
- Serves as perfect beginner aquarium kit.
- 2-color LED light included.
- Comes with background and stickers.
- Holds up to 0.7 gallon of water.
- Requires 4 AAA batteries (not included).
- Ideal for small fish.
Don’t let the name fool you. This tank is tiny and may be best placed on desks inside the bedroom, assuming that you’re buying the aquarium for your kid, of course. Otherwise, it would look okay on your office desk, too.
Honestly, I read “large betta tank” and I really thought it was a big tank. In fact, I thought I was misreading .7 gal and it actually meant 7 gallon (which still isn’t big but gargantuan compared to .7, wouldn’t you say?).
Anyway, it is what it is. A straightforward, small aquarium that can accommodate one fish.
It’s really hard to make an individual review of each item above. After all, they’re almost like the very same things, except in different sizes and capacity. And the included combo of ornaments and stickers vary.
The material for the aquariums is plastic. The build really is quite good, however. You really cannot expect any less with Penn Flax. The company knows pet needs, that’s for sure.
Having said that, these fish tanks are really still just best for beginners and kids. Even if you’re an adult who is into kitschy and cutesy stuff and is somehow a big SpongeBob fan, you cannot justify getting these unique fish tanks other than to get them for your children.
And no matter what the product descriptions say online, I highly doubt any of these would make for good saltwater aquariums.
- Great starter aquarium kits.
- Many accessories available in the market.
- Kids will love it.
- Budget friendly.
- Not the best for saltwater set up.
- Cannot handle more than a handful of fish.