If anyone asks me why I like aquariums I tell them because of a couple of things. One, I get to have a pet. And two, I get to decorate its habitat. It’s like having a mini home that I can design however I want it and the inhabitants won’t really complain.
One of favorite aquarium accessories is definitely the ones that shoot bubbles. Air décor may look nothing but ornamental but there is actually a benefit to having them in there. Air décor agitate the water surface and encourage the production of oxygen. And your fish definitely needs oxygen to live.
Now you know they have value and there’s no shame in adding them to your tank. Below I list some of the more unique ones you can find online (and yes, I did have all of them at one point or another).
Just look at that pirate skeleton maniacally grinning as it spins the wheel. It’s definitely an awesome addition if you have a whole pirate and treasure theme going on.
Mine arrived and I saw it’s a pretty good size, around 4 inches. I immediately washed it and hooked it up. My only problem with it is the weight. It’s too light! My skeleton man kept floating up. I tried turning the air down a notch but he still went up, up, up. I finally just went and glued some rocks to the bottom of the ornament. He’s properly weighted down now and stays put. I’m happy.
Another thing though, the listing recommends having an air valve to adjust the pressure. I do so I never had any problems with the bubbles. But I have read some reviewers say that without it, only a few bubbles come out every few seconds. So look into that before you decide to buy.
- Dimensions: 4 x 2.5 x 6.7 inches.
- Shipping weight: 3.2 ounces.
- Requires air pump and 3/16” tubing (not included in package).
- Pressure control valve recommended.
- Motion-air driven ornament.
- Provides entertaining action while aerating the tank.
- Made of durable plastic.
- Very lightweight and has a tendency to float up.
- Needs air pressure valve to release adequate amount of bubbles.
No, I won’t even argue about this. The Elite Air Stone Aquarium Décor, Round, 1 1/5 inch from Amazon doesn’t really look like the kind of décor you want. After all, décor is supposed to look good, right. And look at it. It’s nothing more than a tiny, square cube of sorts.
But let’s be clear. It will be a great addition to any aquarium because air stones provide very fine bubbles. It’s much finer than those bubbles that come from tubes attached to a pump. Fine bubbles mean more oxygen in the water. That’s what makes Elite Round Air Stone an ideal aquarium accent.
I got ours a couple of years back and I must say I’m still happy with its performance. It doesn’t really add much to the over-all look of the tank but it is functional. The only problem I noticed is the bubbles aren’t as fine as they were two years ago. Other than that, it hasn’t clogged at all and a nice product.
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 2.9 x 5 inches.
- Shipping weight: 0.6 ounce.
- Item Model Number: A965.
- Needs to be connected to airline tubing before placing in desired location.
- Round air stone diffuses air and creates water movement.
- Increases surface agitation, accelerates oxygen replenishment and helps release carbon dioxide build up.
- Produces very fine air bubbles.
- Adds nothing aesthetically.
- Bubbles become larger over time.