When you’re in the market for a new aquarium it can get a bit overwhelming with all the options available. I know from first hand experience when I recently decided to purchase one to liven up our home.
After lots of research I finally decided to go with the SeaClear 50 Gallon Acrylic Aquarium Combo Set. The fact that it’s a combo is pretty convenient because it comes with some extras you’ll need anyway.
I’ll mention what those are in the next section.
SeaClear 50 Gallon Acrylic Aquarium Features
The set comes with the 50 gallon tank itself and also includes a reflector, a light fixture to mount on top and a pump to circulate the water.
The acrylic that it’s made of is much stronger than glass so there is less of a chance of cracks and breaks. It can accommodate either fresh water or salt water so you’re covered no matter what type of aquatic life you choose to place inside. The acrylic also makes it quite light for the size.
My Honest Opinion
I wasn’t expecting anything spectacular, I just wanted something that would do the job I needed it to do. Despite this, I was actually immediately very impressed, even before I opened the box.
It was unbelievable how light this thing really is. After my experience with this I’ve decided to never buy another glass aquarium in my life.
The acrylic is also ideal if you happen to have curious pets or touchy children living amongst you, since it’s advertised as being many times stronger than standard glass.
The clarity was literally mind blowing. I really thought that glass what just about as clear as you could possibly get, but boy was I wrong. It feels like the first time I watched a movie on a high definition television. Just seeing those beautiful fish swimming around, looking like there is nothing in between you and them is really quite something. Sometimes I lose track of time staring at it (the fish also get credit for that, love watching them dart back and forth).
The pump that comes with it does a great job of doing what it should, not too much positive or negative to say about it. It works, and it works well.
Overall, I’m quite happy that this is the model I chose to purchase. I always get questions and comments when people come over to visit and I love that. It’s nice to have a piece in your house that sparks interest in your guests and creates discussion.
It also makes the room feel so nice and cozy, perfect for just kicking back and relaxing with your water-dwelling buddies.
- Conveniently packaged with a light fixture.
- The acrylic gives amazing clarity, like watching HD TV.
- The acrylic is strong and can take a good impact. It claims to be 17 times stronger which is enormous (I obviously haven’t tried to test this theory, though).
- It’s super light! They say it’s half the weight and they sure weren’t lying. Pleasant surprise.
- Being able to use either fresh or salt water really gives you unlimited options to what you can put inside.
- The florescent light that comes with the fixture could be a little brighter. It still does the job and the bulb can always be replaced so it’s not really an issue.